My husband loves spicy foods. He's always asking for chicken wing pizza, fajitas, and chili. Now that the temperature is rising, though, I like to keep the heat out of the kitchen as much as possible. On top of that, I get lots of requests for salads whenever weigh-ins are coming up. So this salad is what usually gets the job done! The meat is grilled outside (and not in my kitchen), there's lots of spicy flavor, and it's much less greasy than pizza.
- Fresh Dark Greens (such as romaine lettuce or spinach)
- Hard Boiled Egg
- Hot Italian Sausage (or Buffalo Sausage if you can find it)
- Finely Shredded Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing
- Grill sausage until done, slice into bite-size pieces.
- Peel egg and slice.
- Combine sausage, greens and eggs, and toss gently.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, and drizzle salad dressings.